Pin It

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Ice Cream Cones that won't melt in the sun!


Today I wanted to make something no-bake as it is very very hot here.  No ovens allowed.  I remember seeing a really cool treat at Cookies and Cups.  I thought I would try this - but with my favorite no-bake treat.



Peanut Butter Frosted Flake Treats

1 cup sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
2 cups peanut butter
5 cups Frosted Flakes






Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  


Add peanut butter. 


Mix well.
Pour over Frosted Flakes.




Let mixture cool for a few minutes.  Shape into balls with your hands or use a handy dandy cookie scoop and fill ice cream cones.  You may need to press down on your scoop of yumminess to ensure it sticks to the cone.


Top with something cute like these delicious Almond & Toffee Drops.



My recipe made 12 cones and one pie plate size giant cookie (I was out of cones).


I will drizzle this in chocolate and then take it to work tomorrow for a breakfast treat for everyone.  Hey, it has cereal and peanut butter - don't judge.


No comments:

Post a Comment