The big apricot festival cooking contest is over. I did not win but I had a lot of fun and a lot of ideas for next year. These are my new favorite!!
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together cooled butter, eggs, vanilla and milk. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Distribute batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. I made them too big and only got 11 instead of 12. Lol.
6. Bake for 16-19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
7.Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
2. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Add half the apricot preserves until well mixed. Add half the powdered sugar and mix well, alternate between the preserves and the powdered sugar until the frosting is at a good spreading consistency,
I piped the icing on using a piping bag with no tip, sprinkled with some dried apricots and topped with an orange Wilton icing flower.